Site icon Strategic Veteran

Get Your DD214 Right Now with Army DS Logon

Get your DD214 with Army DS Logon

This article is for us Army vets. One reason that the Army is better than the other branches is that we still have access to our HRC website, even after we get out. You can use your access to HRC to get your DD214 quick and easy. If this is news to you, this is possible by having your DS logon. 

Why Your DS Login Is Important 

If you’re filing a claim, applying for a loan, trying to get pension benefits, you name it… You’re going to need your DD214, at the very least. Depending on how organized your board file is and how kept up to date it is, you may be able to find a lot of this information on the HRC website with your DS logon. This can save you a lot of time and gives you the option to track down everything you need on your own time.  

Navigating the HRC Website 

The first thing you’ll want to do to your Army records is go to Once you get on the homepage you will need to scroll down to the “Services” section. Click on the Self Service button, after the Self Service portion opens you’ll need to click on “My Record Portal.”

Once you’ve gotten to the “My Record” portal login, you will see different ways to login using your AKO, CAC, or DS Logon. Choose the DS logon button to continue.

The next page you see will have a few different options. Find the option for “Reserve Retiree Veteran Record” and click on that button. The next page will look similar to your own NPS pages from back when you were in service. On the left-hand side, you’ll see an option that says “Documents”.  

Here, you should be able to find all of your documents that were uploaded when you were in the military. If you were in service long enough, your DD214 should include a digital signature.


Obtaining your DD214 can easily be done by yourself if you visit the HRC website and use your DS Logon from when you served in the Army. If you’re struggling with the VA, I hope you found this hack useful.

If you know some active duty army comrades, be sure to notify them to remember their DS Logon so they can access their own documents when discharged.  

As always, if you have any questions about VA disability or anything like that, give Strategic Veteran a call. We are a veteran-ran company that provides free resources to vets struggling with the VA system. Give me a call today by asking for Jeff at 800-761-9004. 

Exit mobile version